Estimated order processing time: 7 business days
IMPORTANT: Effective November 1st 2021, the Chronos 1.4 and Chronos 2.1-HD high speed cameras will be subject to a price update. If you are considering buying a Chronos camera, now is the best time for you to purchase at the lowest price possible!
Note: The Chronos 1.4 doesn’t come with a lens. You will need to visit our store and add the lenses that you want to include with your order.
Our first product! We launched our Chronos 1.4 High Speed Camera during our Kickstarter campaign in 2016. A Kickstarter campaign that became a bit . . . too popular. We sold more than 120 cameras in just 30 days!
Chronos 1.4 is a 1.4 gigapixel-per-second handheld high-speed camera. This camera is the perfect model for research and development, engineering, and manufacturing work that requires relatively high frame rates but not necessarily the highest resolution. Compared to the Chronos 2.1-HD, our 1.4 model has capacity for high frame rates at lower resolutions and is the best choice for lower budgets.
Completely self-contained, you can take high-speed imaging with you anywhere. It records 1280×1024 video at 1069fps, and you can record at up to 40 413fps at lower resolution. Video is saved in compressed h.264 or uncompressed RAW format to removable media. You can shoot for hours, saving hundreds of shots on a single card.
- 1.4Gpx/s, 1.3 megapixel image sensor captures 1280×1024 @ 1069fps, and up to 40 413fps at lower resolution. Available in color and monochrome. The monochrome option has higher effective resolution and is twice as sensitive as color.
- 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB memory options for 4, 8, and 16 second record times respectively.
- High sensitivity of ISO 320-5 120 (Color), 740-11 840 (Monochrome) enables shooting with modest lighting.
- See full specifications in the Chronos 1.4 User Manual or Chronos 1.4 Datasheet
- See the Resource Page additional documents (such as the 3D model) and forum for more software information
Extract of Datasheet:
- Chronos 1.4 camera
- Power supply (19V 40W, universal input)
- Power cord (with location-appropriate plug)
- CS to C mount lens adapter
- Quick start guide
- (if selected) Lens
- 32GB SD Card for saving video