- New Demosaic algorithm based on AHD, which should improve color reproduction and reduce edge noise.
- Standalone daemon to operate the video system, with DBus API.
- External HDMI displays are supported at 1080p and 720p resolutions.
- Recording speed improvements.
- Add CinemaDNG and TIFF as save file formats.
- Deprecate Raw 16-bit right-justified save format in favor of CinemaDNG.
- Add a demo mode to replay a section of recorded video in a loop.
- Add option to overlay frame statistics onto processed video formats (H.264 and TIFF).
- Jog wheel can be used to adjust the exposure, and navigate the settings menus.
- New window to edit the color correction matrix.
- New video memory recovery tool to download video (slowly) in the event of a software crash.
- Add whitebalance preset for 3200K/Tungsten lighting.
- Adjust highlighting of text when selecting text boxes.
- Auto-record and auto-save modes independant of one another.
- Improved algorithm to estimate framerate during file save.
- Date format in the Utility window changed to shorten the Month string.
- Display separate version strings for both the Application and Filesystem/Release.
- Add crosshairs to the white balance window.
- Add Qt stylesheet to improve UI focus visibility.
- Main window displays exposure time in microseconds and shutter angle.
- The 'close' button on the soft keyboard now also applies the entered text.
- Reorganization of the numeric soft keyboard to include a negative key.
- Animate the status window text while a file save is in progress.
- When updating from v0.3.1-RC1 or later, camera can now be updated from an SD card in the top slot. Previously, it only supported updates on USB.
- Crash causing the video to freeze after approximately 45 recording attempts.
- Trigger delays would scale incorrectly when using segmented recording mode.
- Abort recordings when the free space drops below 20MB to avoid crashing when the disk is full.
- UI bug causing the selected save location to always select the first mounted disk.
- First frame of a raw recording would contain corrupted NV12 image data.
- First pixel of a Raw 12-bit packed frame was sometimes being dropped.
- Corrupted pixels at the end of a Raw 12-bit packed frame.
- Black areas of the UI become transparent after HDMI hotplug.
- HDMI hotplug while on the playback window would revert to live display.
- Add missing ColorMatrix1 and CalibrationIlluminant1 tags to CinemaDNG encoding.
- Fix a possible crash of the video system when aborting a file save.
- Fix a possible crash of the UI when rapidly aborting and re-starting a file save.
- Fix a possible deadlock of the video system when switching resolutions.
- Fix color correction math so that saturating the image sensor tends towards white.
- Fix bug causing crash when opening both the full and numeric keyboards at once.
- Camapp crashes or fails to save if directory not writable
- Exposure drops every time user cancels on record settings
- Minimum exposure was around 1.2us instead of 1.0us.
- Maximum exposure wasn't quite attainable with the shutter slider on the main screen.
- Focus peaking color resets after rebooting camera, or pressing OK on Record Settings.
- Segmented record mode only: Invalid data would sometimes appear at the end of the recording.
- Gated burst record mode only: recordings would be corrupted and/or incorrect length.
- White balance doesn't work so well when framerate and gain are high
- White balance having the opposite effect as intended, the FPGA mixed up red and blue
- Focus peaking color would get reset after reboot or changing resolution
- "Restore Settings from backup" not working
- Prerecord box not showing on Record Modes if gated burst is enabled before that screen was opened.
- Minor UI issues
- The pixel packing order in Raw 12-bit mode has been changed for the v0.3.1 release.
Given a pair of two 12-bit pixels in hexidecmal as (0x123, 0xabc), the bytes produced
by the Raw 12-bit packing mode changes as follows:
v0.3.0 and earlier: (0xab, 0xc1, 0x23)
v0.3.1 and later: (0x23, 0x1c, 0xab)
- The first frame of an H.264 recording is erroneously copied from the display buffer before the recording starts.
- After saving hundreds or thousands (usually thousands) of videos, the camera may lock up on the playback/save window.
- After rebooting a camera, focus aid and zebras are sometimes not restored even if they were enabled before the reboot.
- Gated Burst record mode only: Live display does not appear to be buffered correctly when the trigger signal is inactive.
- Gated burst record mode only: Trigger stops responding after multiple triggers until the recording is stopped and restarted.
- Unzip the Zip file into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
- This should result in a cam Update folder in the root directory of the stick.
- Boot up the camera and insert the USB stick.
- Backup your calibration data. Tap "Backup calibration data" and wait for this to complete (about 5 seconds). The cal data is now backed up on the USB drive as cal_[serial number].tar
- To install the update, tap Apply Software Update.
- A message box should pop up indicating the software update was found. Tap Yes to install the update.
- The screen will go black, you may see a screen saying "updating", and the update will be installed. This will take about 30 seconds, potentially longer depending on the speed of the USB drive. There's no feedback that anything is happening, just give it time. The camera will restart at the end of this process.